I feel like I might finally be getting somewhere with this whole “writing” thing — like I might finally be getting in the rhythm of producing stuff.
Still a long way to go, but I’m on my way.
So with that in mind, I’m sharing some of my goals for 2016, mostly so I’ll have some accountability. Someone to shame me when I fail at them.
In the interest of not driving myself nuts, I’m going to limit these resolutions to the kinds of things I can control (so “publish a short story” is not a good resolution; “finish five short stories” is better).
- Finish the zero draft of “Princess” (The zero draft is the draft with all the annoying parts I didn’t want to deal with left in square brackets)
- Think of an actual title for “Princess”
- Finish the first draft of “Princess” (that is, fix the annoying bracketed bits, at which point the manuscript is cleared for limited public release to trusted alpha readers)
- Finish at least three short stories
- Outline the next novel project (Salvage) and start writing!
Your Turn, Dear Reader
Any resolutions for the new year? (Writing related or otherwise).